Slow down there, buckaroo
Gearbox keeps adding to Borderlands 3, and that means players keep finding new ways to break the game. It’s a never-ending source of amusement when it comes to the list of weekly hotfixes.
The happiest accident this week is that players figured out how to turn Amara into The Flash. A new class mod called Spiritual Driver stacked with the Mindfulness skill gave Amara the ability to run insanely fast. Mindfulness grants a boost to movement speed whenever damage is taken. Spiritual Driver increases gun damage while moving, but was malfunctioning to give the bonus to all types of damage.
Players were using Amara’s Phasecast against themselves (self-inflicting damage), which would hurt them over time and constantly raise her movement speed. Then, because they were moving so fast, Spiritual Driver gave huge bonuses to gun damage against enemies. Compounding everything, if Amara had an elemental effect to her Phasecast, that could increase offensive boosts even further.
So yeah — that has been nerfed. Also, FL4K’s Jabber pet isn’t as loud anymore. Equally important, probably. Here are the full patch notes for Borderlands 3‘s December 5 hotfix:
- Addressed a reported issue where loot was sometimes falling into an unreachable area in Slaughterstar 3000.
- Addressed a reported issue where the movement speed bonus with Amara’s passive ability “Mindfulness” when buffed with Spiritual Driver class mod was sometimes extremely high. (Note: Mindfulness was designed with the intent that reaching maximum stacks was not easily achievable so the bonus per grade was high. We want players to take advantage of move speed but not to the extent where parts of the game may not function correctly.)
- Addressed a reported issue with the Spiritual Driver class mod where it was sometimes awarding damage for all types of damage and not just gun damage.
- Decreased pet audio so FL4K’s Jabber would be less vocal.
- Zane’s passive ability “Death Follows Close” fails to bring correct bonus to several kill skills after unlocking this ability in Skills menu.
- Addressed a reported issue where Zane’s passive ability “Nerves of Steel” would sometimes lose functionality after fast traveling.
- Fixed typos on Desperate Measures and Stainless Steel Bear skills.
- Fixed multiple spots where players were sometimes able to escape the map in Skywell-27.
- Fixed multiple spots where players would sometimes get stuck in Ambermire.
- Fixed various areas in Septic Sluice and Green Diamond Platform that allowed players to reach unintended areas.
- Fixed various areas on Pandora that sometimes allowed players to escape the map.
- Fixed a reported issue where some players could not hear the flaming skulls from Billy, the Anointed.
- Fixed a reported issue where Brick’s sledgehammer sometimes continued to spin after being thrown at an enemy during the mission “Hammerlocked.”
Borderlands 3 Hotfixes: December 5, 2019 [Borderlands]