Freshen yer drink guv’nor?
Well, would you Adam and Eve it? Sony’s VR “action movie” Blood & Truth has debuted at number one of the UK Charts, usurping Sega’s Team Sonic Racing and becoming the first VR game ever to hit the top spot. To be fair we’re in a fairly quiet period for big releases, but still, congrats to the cock-a-nee shooter no-one saw coming.
This week also saw several big releases drop out of the Top Ten, including Bethesda’s apocalyptic shooter Rage 2 and Ubisoft’s tactical mercenary title Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. Warner Bros’ Mortal Kombat 11 is just hanging in there at number 10, while niche sports title Cricket ’19: Official Game of The Ashes bowled itself in at number five.
Elsewhere in the charts, Sold Out’s Little Friends: Dogs and Cats debuted at number 24, while huge boosts were given to Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs 2 and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, as well as Activision’s Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which climbed from number 38 to number 20.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: June 1, 2019
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Blood & Truth – Sony Interactive Entertainment
2. FIFA 19 – Electronic Arts
3. Team Sonic Racing – Sega
4. Days Gone – Sony Interactive Entertainment
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
6. Cricket ’19: Official Game of The Ashes – Big Ant Studios
7. Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
8. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
9. Forza Horizon 4 – Microsoft
10. Mortal Kombat 11 – Warner Bros.
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]