We’ve seen quite a few system requirements for StarCraft II, many of which ended up being nothing more than baseless rumors, but these … if these aren’t legit, I’m done. Blizzard support for Europe has the system specs listed in full as if it’s no big deal. It’s StarCraft, so of course it’s a big deal.
- Operating System – Windows XP/XP64 (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista/Vista64 (Service Pack 1), Windows 7 Home Premium
- Processor – Intel Pentium IV 1.3GHz, AMD XP 1500+
- Memory – (Windows XP) 512mb, (Windows Vista) 1024mb, (Windows 7) 1024mb
- Graphics – 3D graphics processor with Hardware Transform and Lighting with 32 MB VRAM
- such as an ATI Radeon 7200 or NVIDIA GeForce 2 class card or better
- Hard Drive – 15Gb of free space
- Processor – Intel Pentium D, AMD 64 X2
- Memory – (Windows XP) 1024mb, (Windows Vista) 2048mb, (Windows 7) 2048mb
- Graphics – 3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM
- such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT class card or better
It’s worth noting this is specifically what you’ll need to run the beta. I wouldn’t be surprised if the full retail version of StarCraft II has slightly tweaked requirements. Also: wow, these are really low. What kind of magic are you pulling behind the scenes, guys?
Starcraft II System Requirements Revealed [StarcraftWire.net]
[Update: Guess we should have known they were too good to be true, eh? These specs aren’t the real deal. Rather, they were meant to be a placeholder until Blizzard gets around to starting the beta.]