Some Mass Effect 2 players on PlayStation 3 are having their save files corrupted, which is particularly painful when it comes to relatively long games like this. BioWare is aware of this, has a patch in the works, and offers advice on how to avoid ruining your save.
“Simply restart your game every few hours” to prevent freezing and corruption. Remind anyone of Fallout: New Vegas and its increasingly long load times? Here’s what the patch will specifically address:
- Fixed a crash related to memory fragmentation. This fix will also resolve the crashing that corrupted Save Games.
- Slightly improved load times and level streaming.
- Added some telemetry to better improve future titles.
- Updated some strings to fix spelling mistakes (Sorry Kaidan!)
- Fixed the picture frame in Shepard’s Cabin to accurately reflect your love interest choices in Mass Effect: Genesis.
- Fixed a rare crash in the PSN version in Shepard’s Cabin.