Take me hooooome
Bethesda is seemingly not giving up on Fallout 76 as many predicted, as there are now major concrete plans to update the game from a mechanical and content level through the fall of 2019.
First up is the Wild Appalachia content update, kicking off on March 12 and concluding on May 7. The gist is that it’ll start with a story involving a “mythical beast,” then ramp into more crafting opportunities (brewing/distilling), a parade event on March 19, the new PVP survival mode on March 26, a series of horror-themed quests on April 9, player vending on April 9, a camera mode on April 16, a legendary vendor on May 23 and finally “new stories” and a “customizable backpack system” on May 7.
Why you have to wait until May 7 to have “increased utility” when the game is in the state it’s in is…well, why the game is in the state it is in.
Things will pick back up in summer of 2019 with the “Nuclear Winter” content series, followed by “Wastelanders” in the fall. You can get a good look at the roadmap and the spring 2019 Wild Appalachia details below. Details for the Nuclear Winter and Wastelanders updates are slim, but you can find those below, too. A lot of this is throwaway stuff, but the endgame focus in the summer is really the meat of it all.
Fallout 76 – 100 Days, Roadmap for 2019 [Bethesda.net]
A mythical beast, a lost generation of scouts, and the strongest brew this side of the wasteland. Welcome to Wild Appalachia – a series of new quests, features, events, crafting systems and more starting on March 12 and appearing over several weeks. Wild Appalachia includes:
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Summer will bring another series of major updates to Fallout 76, including Nuclear Winter – an entirely new way to play that changes the rules of the wasteland.
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.