It was 1997 when Toonami first debuted on Cartoon Network. For many, it was the first time being exposed to Anime and to a more grown up style of story telling through animation. Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Outlaw Star, Voltron, and Robotech were just some of the many shows that I came to know and love and I would always find myself watching the entire block Toonami offered, even if they were mostly repeats (looking at you, DBZ). Hearing about the death of Toonami this past week was a real heart breaker and I was surprised by how much the news really affected me. Head on over to Japanator to see some of the old show promos and reminisce about the good old days.
On Destructoid, Jack Thompson finally gets disbarred. On Japanator, check out all of the New York Anime Festival 08 coverage. On Tomopop, the Iron Man Mark I figure looks amazing. And on MiamiNights, gay bars are more fun than straight bars.
- How Mega Man 2 defined a series
- Awfully awesome: Games so bad, they’re good
- Destructoid Review: Mega Man 9
- OBJECTION! Jack Thompson has been disbarred
- Contests: Become a voice for game rights, enter to win a PSP with God of War and GTA + Dress up as Red Riding Hood and win some Little Red Riding Hood BBQ swag! + Win a custom Mushroom Men bass guitar signed by Les Claypool and more!
- New York Anime Festival 08 coverage.
- God Len’s one sentence previews for the 2008 fall season!
- US serviceman ‘drops in’ on a love hotel
- R.I.P. Toonami 1997-2008
- Japanator contest: If I had a hundred dollars…I would blow it on anime stuff
- Swag report: de Blob is de bomb!
- Limited edition Ninjatown plush now available at Ningyoushi
- Greg Simkins’ Cap’n Rotnclaw takes on the high seas this October
- Hot Toys is out to steal my soul – Iron Man Mark I figure torches its way in
- Contest: Attention toy fetishists: want a $100 gift certificate to J-List?