All-in on RDR2
Launched on Friday, Red Dead Redemption 2 is decisively one of the biggest titles this fall (review here) and it appears Microsoft is going “all in” on their latest piggyback promotion. For a limited time through November 3rd, when you buy Red Dead Redemption 2 with an Xbox One – you’ll receive $100 off as an added bonus. That’s a pretty enticing offer even as we near Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
As of writing, all major retailers are participating in this promotion, with the usual suspect being Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, et al. But the best bundle deal in our opinion is actually at Walmart, where you’ll receive an additional $25 in bonuses in the form of a free controller and Xbox store credit.
Here are the scoop: as of writing you can choose from 7 Xbox One bundles, from Xbox One S to Xbox One X. Every bundle gets the same $100 off discount you’ll find at other retailers, but Walmart is tossing in a PowerA Xbox One wired controller (yep a generic) along with a $5 Xbox One credit as an added bonus. Given the deal is almost the same everywhere else – there’s little reason not to pick up what Walmart is offering with this Red Dead Redemption 2 offer.
The Xbox One S bundles start at $259.99, while the Xbox One X starts at $459.99. Available bundles at Walmart are NBA 2K19, Forza Horizon 4, Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds, and Minecraft. If you prefer other bundles such as Sea of Thieves or Fallout 76 (which is a pre-order), you’ll have to go elsewhere.
Xbox One Red Dead Redemption 2 Bundle Deals
- Xbox One S Bundles + Red Dead Redemption 2 + Free Controller + $5 Credit — $259 (list price $384)
- Available Bundle: NBA 2K19, Forza Horizon 4, PUBG, and Minecraft
- Xbox One X Bundles + Red Dead Redemption 2 + Free Controller + $5 Credit — $459 (list price $584)
- Available bundle: NBA 2K19, PUBG, and Regular Black Console (No Game)
- Xbox One X Robot White Special Edition Console + Fallout 76 + Red Dead Redemption 2 — $459.99 (list price $560)
- This bundle deal with Red Dead Redemption 2 is only available at GameStop. Fallout 76 unlocks on 11/14
If we spot more deals from other retailers looking to match Walmart’s incentive, we’ll be sure to add them above. In our opinion, this is a pretty good deal for those not willing to wait for the holiday season. Sure, both the Xbox One and Red Dead Redemption 2 will be discounted during Black Friday and Cyber Monday – but a full month of earlier accessible is probably worth it for many gamers. If you’re on the fence about an Xbox One S or X purchase, this may tip the scale of things.
Game deals from Dealzon. Sales help support Destructoid.