Madden caps summer
After a summer of mostly PlayStation and big-title dominance, the usual NPD sales for August proved par for the course as the juggernaut that is Madden took the top spot for the month. The other juggernaut of our times, Minecraft continues to teach others how to tame horses as it sits smugly in second place.
The PlayStation 4 was once again the best-selling console for the month. Banking on the strength of the console, the PS4-exclusive Until Dawn posted a top 10 spot by coming in at number seven. Not to be outdone, however, the Xbox One-exclusives Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Rare Replay also claimed top 10 positions.
Here’s your software top 10 for August 2015:
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)