Respawn has been making an effort to communicate changes for Apex Legends, which includes a mass banning of “over 16,000 cheaters” and now, a patch to squash some bugs, mostly on consoles.
The second major patch for the game, which is now live, deals with crash issues on PS4 and Xbox One, as well as general bugs for all platforms. On PS4 Respawn patched up GPU hangs and load crashes: I’ve had problems on PS4 specifically, so this is a good start. On Xbox apparently the Gibraltar (the big guy) epic skins would crash the game, which is pretty wild to think about. PC players benefit from slow movement after revive fixes and Mirage users crashing the game. Wait, that isn’t one of the Mirage’s many useful powers?
Short, but sweet. Keep the technical fixes coming.
Apex Legends [Reddit]
Patch is live on ALL PLATFORMS. Here’s the notes:
- Fixes for PS4 crash issues.
- Addresses issues we saw with GPU hangs.
- Fixed crash when pressing button early in load process.
- Fixed issue where players would sometimes move slowly after revive.
- Fixed issue with Mirage Ability causing crashes.
- Fixed issue with Gibraltar Epic skins on Xbox One causing crashes