Another relatively staid week in terms of physical releases has seen Animal Crossing: New Horizons retain its number one spot in the UK Charts. Isabelle and friends held off Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V and Activision’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare despite a slump in overall sales for Nintendo’s social sim.
While last week saw a few new titles in the form of Coffee Stain’s Huntdown and Platinum Games’ The Wonderful 101: Remastered, neither game received a physical release, thus the Top Ten stayed relatively static. Long-termers Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and FIFA 20 are all present and correct.
Activision’s Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy made yet another return to the Top Ten, as did Ubisoft’s Just Dance 2020, which squeezed its way back in at number 10. Speaking of Ubisoft, end-of-days shooter The Division 2 saw a huge sales surge last week, returning to the Top 40 at number 20, and Sony’s God of War also made a bit of comeback, re-entering at number 31.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: May 16, 2020
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
2. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Activision
4. FIFA 20 – Electronic Arts
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
6. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Electronic Arts
7. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Nintendo
8. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Activision
9. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
10. Just Dance 2020 – Ubisoft
U.K. video game charts [GamesIndustry.biz]