A bunch of new stuff was revealed today
UploadVR’s inaugural E3VR showcase was low key today (you may have missed it), providing a big roundup of a bunch of upcoming VR projects.
We got a new look at some previously confirmed ones and a few announcements that ranged from new games to DLC. The stream mostly covered games on the Rift, Vive, and PSVR formats, but the Oculus Quest got a lot of love peppered in there as well.
Here’s a roundup of what’s on the way!
[You can find recaps of EA Play, Microsoft, and Bethesda at these links.]
- After the Fall: a four player co-op shooter in post-apoc LA. Probably one of the most marquee games shown today.
- Meat Fortress: a VR redux of Team Fortress with hot dogs.
- Budget Cuts: the wacky office action game is coming to PSVR.
- Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets: an interactive story focused around childhood memories.
- Angry Birds Movie 2 VR: Oh hey it’s a new Angry Birds in VR, with couch co-op. Coming later this year.
- Dr. Who Edge of Time: It’s Dr. Who in VR! Coming in September.
- Disciples of Dawn: a woodland-based walking simulator/adventure.
- Low-Fi: a sci-fi romp through a Cyberpunk-looking city.
- Acron: Attack of the Squirrels: a lighthearted shooter where you defend yourself as a tree, while the mobile player tries to steal your acorns.
- Walking Dead Onslaught: that Walking Dead VR game we heard about recently. It’ll arrive on Rift and Vive, as well as arcades “across the globe.”
- Hotel RNR: a game where you basically smash stuff up in a hotel as a rock star.
- I Expect You to Die: Seat of Power: more content for the great VR puzzle franchise in the form of a new mission, coming on July 16.
- Mini Mech Mayhem: a strategic mech-based battle game on a grid. Out on June 18.
- Drunkn Bar Fight: DLC on the way and it’s coming to retail.
- Golem: it’s been a while since we’ve heard about this one. It’s getting a physical release.
- Arizona Sunshine: it’s getting an Oculus Quest port this year and more DLC in the form of The Damned.
- Dance Central: currently available on the Oculus platform, it’s getting a fitness app with score challenge options. Six songs are also coming as DLC.
- Echo Arena: the beloved VR game is coming to the Quest.
- Lone Echo 2: Ready at Dawn re-confirmed the continuation of the series today on the Oculus platform.
- Boneworks: the highly anticipated gun simulator build for Index remotes was shown again today.
- Battlewake: a pirate warfare adventure in VR.
- The Soulkeeper VR: a very depressing medieval tale in VR with knight-based combat.
- Spaceteam: a frantic sci-fi themed co-op game between 2-6 players. An adaptation of the real life tabletop game.
- Audica: shoot to the beat with 22 songs. Currently in Early Access. It gets an in-game editor today.
- Asgard’s Wrath: an action adventure RPG set in a Norse mythology setting. It’s out in the fall on the Oculus Rift.
- Rogan: no, not that Rogan, this is a thief simulator.
- Garden of the Sea: a breezy cute simulation game with quests and exploration. It’s coming on Steam VR and will support “all major VR hardware.”
- Abe: a VR version of the seven-minute short robot horror film.
- Espire 1: a VR operative-based game that was born out of the question “why aren’t there more stealth games in VR?” It’s coming to the Rift, Index, Vive, PSVR, and Quest. The latter will “remain 1:1.” The developers are making a lot of comparisons to Metal Gear Solid, and it’s one of the most interesting games of the show.
- Solaris: a “fast-paced” shooter coming to Oculus Rift and Quest.
- Budget Cuts 2: Mission Insolvency: a sequel with a “large scope” than the original. You need to save the world rather than your job and fight a corporation that replaces humans with idea worker robots.
- Pistol Whip: a shooter game that’s mostly about speed rather than accuracy. It’s an on-rails shooter that focuses in on making you an “action hero badass.”