Get that Ark: Survival Evolved money
That open world survival game what with the dinosaurs has found itself success in the lead up to its full release this year (dinosaurs replacing zombies would be refreshing for like a year) and so Ark: Survival Evolved is giving back to the community that helped it sell over two million in Early Access.
Studio Wildcard is hosting an international modding tournament, “allowing anyone to enter their mods, old or new, under three unique categories for a chance at a massive price pool of over $60,000.”
- Mods: Extensions of current gameplay functionality
- Maps: These are new ARK’s to play on
- Total Conversions: These are complete ‘overhauls’ of the game which change core functionality
And in each category, there will be five winners:
- 1st Place: $10,000 in each category
- 2nd Place: $5,000 in each category
- 3rd Place: $3,000 in each category
- 4th Place: $2,000 in each category
- 5th Place: $1,000 in each category
Get your funds, count your ones. To enter, upload your mod to the Steam workshop with a sticker affixed to the main image and submit it straight to the studio. Then the dev team will select 5-10 entries to award, 40% weighted towards a community vote and 60% weighted by the team’s input. Cool. You also might have missed it in the fine print, but if you submit something and win, I get a 15% agent fee. Thanks.