Move over, FarmVille — Zynga has another game with which to annoy the piss out of decent human beings. It’s called FrontierVille, and it’s quite popular, according to the metrics. It’s also Destructoid’s most popular searched word, even though none of us play it!
Far be it from us to not give our readers what they apparently want, so here’s some recent metric data to give you an idea of just how popular Zynga’s latest behemoth has become.
- 6.3 million people have built their frontier cabins
- 3.3 million people have built a general store
- 2.3 million people got married
- 1.1 million people have had a kid
- 10 million people have clobbered a snake (snakes were clobbered 252 million times)
- 3.6 million people have scared away a bear (bears were scared away 128 million times)
In other words, a lot of people have done a lot of stuff.
I must confess that the popularity of these things boggles the mind, but I have to acknowledge that whatever Zynga is doing seems to be working. As much as we may laugh at these types of games, can any of us claim that 10 million people have clobbered our snakes? No sir, we cannot.