Mewtwo appearing as a Tera Raid encounter in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Challenge Mewtwo as a Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Tera Raid in September

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet have had an interesting run of Tera Raid events. Until now, most of the 7-Star encounters have revolved around starters from previous games, usually with a strategically picked Tera Type that makes them tricky to take down. But now, with the impending release of DLC for Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, Mewtwo is here to kick the Tera Raid intensity up a notch.

Recommended Videos

From September 1 to September 17, Mewtwo will appear as a Tera Raid in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet. It will sport the Psychic Tera Type, so needless to say, this thing’s Psychic attacks will hit hard. Normally, I would say this means Dark-type Pokemon will prevail. But if there’s one thing I know about Tera Raid Pokemon, it’s that they love to punish their obvious weaknesses. Aura Sphere will almost certainly appear in Mewtwo’s move pool.

To help trainers prepare, Scarlet & Violet will see promotional raids throughout August that drop some key items to strengthen your team. The first encounter will appear from August 9 to August 17, with the second encounter running from August 19 to August 31. We didn’t receive specifics about these raids, but I’d expect something similar to a 5-Star Blissey raid. In other words, an easy loot piñata for trainers to take down in a minute before claiming rewards.

If you read my older Tera Raid guides, you could probably tell how exhausted I felt after a while. The release schedule just got so fast, and I can only use Annihilape so much before it gets stale. However, with legendary Pokemon entering the fray, I might dip into the scene again. This monster harassed me enough in Pokemon Stadium, so I’ve got a score to settle.

Destructoid is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article MW3 devs quietly remove popular SMG from Ranked Play
Ranked Play
Read Article Warzone Season 3 leak has major implications for pro players
Warzone Operators
Read Article Forza Horizon 5 turns into Forza Motorsport with Series 33
Related Content
Read Article MW3 devs quietly remove popular SMG from Ranked Play
Ranked Play
Read Article Warzone Season 3 leak has major implications for pro players
Warzone Operators
Read Article Forza Horizon 5 turns into Forza Motorsport with Series 33
Author
Timothy Monbleau
Guide Editor - Timothy started writing community blogs for Destructoid in 2012. He liked it so much he decided to write articles for the site professionally. His love for RPGs and the Ys series will endure forever.