Yesterday afternoon id Software community manager Peter Sokal revealed the minimum PC specifications for Raven Software’s Wolfenstein. While we haven’t seen the suggested specs, it’s probably safe to write that the Wolf follow-up won’t require a Crysis system. The base numbers below are mild: one gig of RAM, an older video card, and eight gigs of hard drive space are the beefiest things we’re seeing.
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP or Windows Vista(R) (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
- Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included & required for Windows XP & Vista)
- CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) 64 3400+ processor
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) 6800 GT or ATI Radeon(TM) X800
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- HDD Space: 8GB (Plus an additional 800MB for Windows swap file)
- Media: 100% Microsoft Windows compatible DVD-ROM drive
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer
We suspect that if Wolfenstein starred a wolf, the specifications would be bananas. Think about it: wolves jump high, shoot fire from their eyes, pee lasers and occasionally work in tattoo shops on Saturdays. B.J. is cool and all, but he’s got nothing on wolves. Seriously.
[via the Wolfenstein message board]