The Clank of Cthulhu
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is a fairly brief game, but it can be unforgiveable on higher difficulties if you're not careful.
Here are some tips to send you on your way.
You are logged out. Login
| Sign up
- As soon as you can, upgrade your first pistol the maximum capacity -- it's going to be your "go-to" weapon for pretty much any situation, and you want it to be as powerful as possible as quickly as possible. By using it whenever you have ammo, you'll ensure that you level it up appropriately to unlock every upgrade tree.
- Next suggestion is to upgrade Mr. Zurkon the projector bot. Not only can you drop this bad boy at pretty much any time and let him do his own thing, but he can also help you unlock more Raritanium by way of secret upgrades. In a sense, unlocking him early helps you buff everything else sooner.
- When leveling up weapons, always go for the mystery sections, denoted with a question mark, in the shortest path possible. These will often be much more useful than anything else you could possibly unlock at the time.
- You can always test a weapon with the square button before you buy it while in the shop's menu. Try it on pricier weapons above 30,000 so you don't get stuck with something you hate.
- The Gravity Gun is a bit confusing at first. When you use it, you'll want to aim at your destination second, and your starting point first. If you screw up, shoot a portal to reset it. Not only can you create multiple portals, but you can also shoot enemies while in the stream.
- When playing as Clank, don't forget that you can hold L1 to slow down. When in doubt in the Netherverse, always try out a different direction of gravity, and remember that you can shift horizontally -- if you've played lots of VVVVVV, it's easy to forget that.
- To conserve jetpack fuel, hover towards an area, cut it off, enact your glide move with the X button, then engage your jetpack again. Throttle both of these until you're in sight of a jetpack refueling station to make the most out of your meter.
- Use all weapons in tandem with one another. For instance, spring a nightmare trap, throw out some nether blades, calll mr zurkon, chuck some grenades, then switch to a single shot weapon. That way you're using all of the ammo in your arsenal at once, and any acquired ammo crates won't be wasted.
- This is more of an easter egg, but don't be so hasty when killing guards -- when in groups, they often have comedic conversations with one other.
- Hold R2 and press X to long jump -- the game doesn't tell you this until halfway into the campaign. Same with quick weapon switching, which is done by tapping triangle.
- Health is located inside of glowing blue boxes -- ammo shipments are in green boxes. Remember this if you're in the heat of battle and need either resource.
- If you see a harmless TV screen in the environment, blow it up. It may uncover a secret grav pad.