Pablo is a champion
LocoCycle is a pretty insane game. In some ways it's wrong, in others, it's oh so right. But one thing's for sure -- if you love cheesy action films and want something completely different in a videogame, Loco might be your huckleberry.
Here are some tips to facilitate said craziness.
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas
General tips (minor non-story spoilers below):
- When in close combat situations, press A to switch targets. Use this to attack enemies that might be poised to strike, and to target specific foes that may be part of a sub-mission.
- Upgrade your ability to interrupt attacks when throwing Pablo first. It's easily one of the best skills in the game, and it's extremely useful even later in the campaign, especially after you upgrade it to stun capability.
- Next, upgrade your regeneration skill. This will be extremely useful during long boss fights since there are no health pickups. Once you pick up Pablo's regeneration ability, stand still without boosting or firing to use it.
- Often times, it's more prudent to just stand still behind an enemy, take damage, and line up consistent shots. Rather than zoom around and get hit intermittently, sometimes it's best to just take them down as fast as possible instead of drawing it out.
- You don't need to do every QTE -- they're mainly for boosting your score. Don't stress over them.
- As missiles are coming at you, it's best to just stand still, then press the A button to grab and counter-throw them. Don't try to move around too much.
- When it comes time to fix I.R.I.S., check in four directions of the d-pad to "find" new minigames. For the wire game, gently press both analog sticks together until the wire is just barely touching, and look for the blue light.
- For the boss fight with the giant mech that's running alongside of you, you can only counter him by throwing back the car that's cut in half -- not the other vehicles or the buses. It's easy to get confused.
- When fighting the scientists in the electric balls, tap the gas button to avoid their attacks. Don't go overboard with it, just keep your finger lightly on the button to dodge.
- When fighting S.P.I.K.E. on the bridge, the last car will be the one you'll need to throw back at him. It'll be bouncing wildly -- line yourself up with it to avoid another round of attacks.
- During the final fight with S.P.I.K.E. (you'll know it when you see it), use a jumping heavy kick to confirm, then a low heavy kick for a quick high damage 2-hit combo. It's the easiest way to defeat him.