According to a recent blog posting on the official UFC 2009: Undisputed Web site (spotted by IGN), THQ is working on a gargantuan patch (or title update) for the brawler that will address multiple issues with the game’s online component almost exclusively. Most notably, the studio is fixing the whole “pull the plug and it’s like that match never happened thing,” which has been driving us nuts since release.
“The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player,” the posting reads. “The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to zero.”
And that’s only the first fix. Check below the fold for the other eight fixes and assorted bus squashing — a list that includes adjusting Flash KO rates, smoothing out latency, raising the level cap, and the PlayStation 3 auto-save freezing error.
At the end of the posting, THQ mentions that the patch will be “releasing soon,” so look forward to it in the near future. The only barrier, apparently, is one the studio put up for themselves. They’re giving her a spin, making sure it works.
- We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
- We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
- We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
- We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
- We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
- We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
- We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
- For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.