After the unveiling of a group of trailers over the last few weeks, THQ's investor call this morning offered up few surprises or announcements. The publisher has confirmed the 6 games for their 2013 fiscal lineup, but there were some few extra bits of info on each title:
- Darksiders 2 - strong hype for the game, more than 5 times the pre-orders than the original Darksiders. Due to be released in August 2012.
- Saints Row The Third: Enter The Dominatrix - full expansion, costing $29.99. Considered THQ's "flagship franchise" after they estimate between "5-6 million" units will be sold.
- WWE 13 - aiming to emulate the "Attitude Era" from the late 90's, THQ aims to craft a superior single player campaign.
- Company of Heroes 2 - Aiming for a "multi-year content plan" for the new RTS. No confirmed release date announced.
- Metro: Last Light - original was popular with critics, sold poorly. THQ now heavily marketing Metro: Last Light, planning to make very strong single player campaign that will be very memorable.
- South Park - the Stick of Truth - due for an early 2013 release, very excited with Matt and Trey's involvement.
So, no surprises but there's a nice mix of games on offer from THQ for the rest of this year and into 2013. Still, it would have been nice to hear the announcement of a new title but the THQ brass were reticent to announce any new IP.
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas