Space Giraffe (400 MS Points) and Street Trace: NYC (800 MS Points) will indeed be this week's Live Arcade games. If you've been following Jeff Minter's blog, you know what the certification process has been like for him. Thankfully, that's all over now that Space Giraffe will finally be released for the masses to enjoy.
• Extensive gameplay: Play through 100 levels of shooting and strategy.Street Trace: NYC is a "fast-paced street racing and arena combat set against a grim futuristic corporate-controlled environment." Huh. If that's not an original premise, I don't know what is.
• Level design: Enjoy the unique graphical appearance of each level due to the use of the Neon engine.
• Special features: Learn special moves to increase the Bonus Multiplier, and collect power-ups to gain access to the Bonus Round.
• Bonus challenges: Finish all 100 levels to unlock a hidden gameplay mode.
• A different kind of racing: Race and battle your opponents on decked-out hoverboards in three different arenas and three different street circuits. Grind your hoverboard along metal rails to gain an advantage. Your board's emissions give passing players a strategic speed boost, allowing those falling behind to rubber-band off the race leaders.
• Numerous game modes: Take on the single player campaign with 18 time trials and five champion tournaments, or go multiplayer with four-player split-screen or up to eight players on Xbox LIVE. Choose from four different arena game types, Flag, Hunter, Chaos, and Takedown, and from three different street game types, Screamer, Chaos, and Street Trace.
• Multiplayer join-in-progress: The Street Trace:NYC lobby shows how many people are playing online, allows players to join tournaments in progress, and to follow games as they progress.
• Decked-out hoverboards: Upgrade your board's engine, boost, shields and jump capabilities, and use weapons such as lasers, mines, stampede, and rockets. Gotta love rockets.
• Game goals: Earn your spot on the Leaderboards, and gain twelve new Achievements to increase your Gamerscore.
What's it going to be this week, Dtoiders?