With E3 behind us, I did some reflection and realized that I felt I hadn’t really played that many games while in Los Angeles. Polling some fellow “journalists” (many of which are actually respectable), it seems I wasn’t alone.
I’m not sure that I like E3. I’m glad it’s over, and I’m glad to be back with you fine normal folks. The videogame industry is full of a bunch of God damned weirdos, let me tell you.
- Holy crap, people are still playing Donkey Kong … for points? Go Steve Wiebe, go! [GoNintendo]
- We played Resident Evil 5, too, and we noticed it had the same control scheme as RE 4. So you can’t run and shoot. Yet. But we heard a few things and would suggest we talk about this again after Tokyo Game Show. That’s all we’re saying. [PSX Extreme]
- Nintendo’s smiley Cammie Dunaway is like the Joker, smiles all of the time. [Wired]
- Miyamoto thinks WiiMusic is “better than a game.” That’s like us saying we think an apple is better than toothpaste. [CVG]
- Metal Gear Online stops working, no one knows why. Konami blames “influx of traffic.” We think it’s an Internet poltergeist. [IGN]
- Earthworm Jim’s daddy, Dave Perry, s**ts all over E3. [GamesIndustry]
- Don’t like the new Xbox 360 dashboard? Well, you’re stupid. But you don’t have to use it, says Microsoft’s Major Nelson. [CVG]
Send your videogame-related news and tips to [email protected] … because we’re going to be too busy scheduling for next year’s E3 to
be bothered to find our own news.