Well, E3’s over and done with. I don’t think anyone’s dead, unless Dale has turned into a zombie, and can still blog while decomposing. I’d be a little afraid for anyone who’s staying in the same hotel room as him, or sitting next to him on the plane.
So, let’s take a moment and wrap up some of the scraps that have been floating about the ‘net. Sure, it’s not quite as interesting as all the hands-on impressions we’ve done, but it still makes the industry tick, beat by beat.
- Home’s public areas are going to be region-locked. You’ll be able to visit anyone’s private room, but now I won’t be able to visit the Japanese lounges, or even the UK ones. [Joystiq]
- I Am 8-Bit announces it’s fourth show on August 14th. The show will take place at Hollywood’s World of Wonder. [Gamasutra]
- Tomb Raider: Underworld will be hitting US shores on November 18th. I’m sure you’re all excited about this. [Shacknews]
- Hudson is putting out three new games for the iPhone: Bomberman Touch – The Legend Of Mystic Bomb, Aqua Forest, and Sudoku. [Trading Markets]
- Chinese-based Blu-ray manufacturers are starting to put out cheap players. Could this threaten PS3 saless now that it’s not the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market. [Engadget HD]
- Endrant Studios is opening its doors, and the first project they’ll be working on is id’s new Wolfenstein title. They’ll mostly be working on the mutliplayer stuff for the game. [GamesIndustry]
Now that E3’s over, it’s time for the real excitement of the week: The Dark Knight. God, I love Batman so hard. Sure, he’s an anti-social psychopath with a ton of mental illnesses, but hey, he’s got dozens of degrees and can think his way out of any situation. I’m sure some of you are already waiting on line for the midnight showing, but what about the rest of you?