Today, comedian George Carlin passed away at the age of 71.
This was shocking on two levels. One, we kind of liked that guy; he was funny, and he’ll be missed. Two, we remember when he was not 71. We’re really feeling our mortality today, so we missed all of this crap:
- You know that Metal Gear Solid database North American PS3 owners got last week? Well, Europe gets it this Thursday. To that we say: “OLD!” [IGN]
- That dude who made God of War thinks those dudes who make Marvel Comics-based videogames should make them, you know, good. [David Jaffe’s blog — Thanks, coonskin05.]
- Photo of Smashing Pumpkins’ Billy Corgan allegedly doing mo-cap for Guitar Hero: World Tour. I say “allegedly” because I’ve never seen anything Corgan and GH: World Tour-related before. I swear … [Kotaku]
- Publisher Crave rumored to have left ESA, but will still be showcasing at this year’s E3. Well good, because we’ve made an appointment; if we showed up and no one was there, we’d cry. [GamePolitics]
- After everyone is done playing it and has moved on to playing Deadliest Catch, Rockstar have issued a patch for Grand Theft Auto IV for both Xbox 360 and PS3. It fixes “stuff.” [Rockstar]
- Speaking of Grand Theft Auto, we may never see a film adaptation because of some legal mumbo-jumbo involving Opie Taylor from the Andy Griffith Show. [CVG]
- Dig Dug pillows will impress the ladies. [Engadget]
- BREAKING NEWS: Indiana family enjoys Wii Fit. [IndyStar]
Send your videogame-related news and tips to [email protected] … because we’ll be 71 before we know it, and we don’t have much time to waste.