A new batch of Resident Evil 6 screens have stomped their squelchy way onto the Internet, accompanied by a bunch of hot game details. From revamped controls to horror elements, there's plenty for the Resi-obsessed to be digesting.
- Game is 50% complete.
- RE6 doesn't aim to return the series to its roots, despite the added horror atmosphere.
- Capcom aims for this to be the "greatest" game in the series. Duh.
- The third main character is being designed to relate to "young people." I am going to guess it's iCarly.
- The president from the trailer is not Ashley's father, BUT HE IS STILL WHITE SO THAT'S RACIST!
- Set in the fictional Chinese coastal town of Lanshiang.
- The zombies of RE6 are not spawned by the T-virus, but by something else. Despite being zombies, they can use weapons and will run or leap at players.
- A new B.O.W is the J'avo. These monsters can understand speech, work in groups, and will regenerate lost limbs. If damaged significantly, they can mutate their bodies like the Nemesis or Birkin.
- You can move and shoot in the game ... to a degree. A revamped control scheme allows you to slowly strafe from left to right while aiming. You'll also be able to evade, take cover and perform the all-important 180 degree turn.
Seems to me that Resident Evil 6 will be a game of compromises, with Capcom attempting to appeal to everybody at once. Sometimes, that can be a good thing, and other times it doesn't end well, becoming a mass of half-measures. I'm certainly excited to see how it goes, and naturally hope for the best.
A Few Bits About Resident Evil 6 [andriasang]
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas