The Titanfall 2 technical test returns tomorrow, August 26, and if you felt let down by what you played of the mech game's multiplayer last weekend, you should be able to spot some improvements.
These are the patch notes from Respawn Entertainment:
Time to Kill
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We're still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
We wanted to note and apologize for "Invite Friends" still being broken in this build. We needed to get the patch to certification quickly to ensure gameplay changes could make it in for this weekend, so we couldn't get to this in time.
I am a little surprised to see so many changes make it in given that the tech test is a "June snapshot" of Titanfall 2 -- a months-old build, in other words -- and it will be playable for just a few more days.
That said, even if the goal was to stress test the servers, there's public perception about the game on the line -- that's how it is with any sort of alpha, beta, or whatever a company wants to call it. From that perspective, it makes sense Respawn would take time to implement tweaks (as opposed to leaving the test build as is and then concentrating on making fixes for the final game due out in October).
But enough talk. Look at these bulging biceps:
... read more