You hear that, folks? It’s now safe to go back to Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360. Lately, the multiplayer has been plagued with players who like to abuse the infinite care package exploit. Not anymore. A patch fixing this issue and a few more went up on Xbox LIVE today.
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized
- Fix for “infinite care package” exploit
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)
Thank goodness it didn’t take any longer to get the patch certified. I know a good number of you were so irritated by the care package madness that you vowed to stop playing until the situation was remedied. Well, there you are — just in time for the weekend.
Update: Modern Warfare 2 Care Package Fix Deployed!!! [Game Informer]