Don't be a Hero
The sequel to Vita the Ninja Gaiden franchise launch title is coming later this month. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus drops February 26, complete witha new cast, new features, boss battles and more. Tecmo Koei dumped a bunch of new information on the game to hold us over until the game's launch.
The first game's low health oh-sh*t-I'm-almost-dead Hero mode returns this time around. When on, triggered by a dangerously low health bar, Ryu will have his ass covered with auto blocking and auto dodging. He'll also temporarily hit harder and can dismember enemies easier.
Nothing is cut [get it?!] from this port. All of the features, weapons, and costumes from the PS3 version of the game return in this portable version, but you'll see a few new costumes for this release.
Tecmo Koei has run down the cast and boss list of Sigma 2. You'll find that below.
Finally, enjoy a bunch of new screens from the game in our gallery. The game looks fantastic!
You are logged out. Login | Sign up
- Ryu Hayabusa: A young ninja of the Hayabusa Clan, Hayabusa is forced to face off with his long-standing rivals, the Black Spider Ninja Clan to prevent the resurrection of the Archfiend.
- Momiji: The last Dragon Shrine Maiden and an elder sister figure to the children of Hayabusa Village. In addition to her ceremonial duties, she has trained to the rank of a full-fledged kunoichi.
- Sonia: The alias of a CIA secret agent who attempts to track down Hayabusa to warn him of the plot to resurrect the Archfiend.
- Muramasa: A legendary master swordsmith and the owner of Muramasa’s Weapons and Tools, Muramasa also owns an antique shop in Sky City Tokyo.
- Elizébet, Ruler of Blood: The Queen of the Greater Fiends is deeply connected to the Black Spider Ninja Clan and works with Genshin on his schemes.
- Dagra Dai: This evil priest was originally a human philosopher who underwent a horrific transformation to become the Archfiend’s Infernal High Priest.
- Genshin: The enemy of the Hayabusa clan has joined causes with Elizébet, Queen of the Greater Fiends, in his quest to take out Hayabusa and his father.
- Alexei, Ruler of Lightning: One of the Four Greater Fiend Lords, he smites enemies with lightning-fast shocks and charges. Players should focus on evading his attacks before counterattacking.
- Volf, Ruler of Storms: Another Greater Fiend Lord, this lycanthrope werewolf’s immense strength means most of his attacks cannot be blocked. Players should jump or evade attacks and go in for damage as he recovers.
- Zedonius, Ruler of Flame: This Greater Fiend Lord attacks Hayabusa with high-damage hellfire and relentless close-range attacks. The key to beating him is reading his next move carefully.
- Black Dragon: After losing to Hayabusa once before, the massive Black Dragon is summoned by Elizébet to exact its vengeance with a devastating variety of attacks.