NieR has mostly been focusing its PR chicanery on the Japanese market, but today we got a nice little parcel with screens and box art hidden within as publisher Square Enix turns its eyes toward we Western devils. The game also has a release window now, pegged for a North American launch in Spring 2010.
The game's graphics aren't exactly stunning, but it's still promising to be a pretty solid and brutal action RPG. It's got plenty of freaky creature designs, a load of blood and more grizzled angst than you could shake a stick at. All the ingredients for a fun time, so I'm certainly keeping a hopeful eye on it.
Hit the jump for the official fact sheet.
NIER™Developer: cavia Inc.
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system/
Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft
ESRB: Not Yet Rated
Ship Date: Spring 2010
NIER is a unique “Action-RPG” for PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which represents the next epic story from the renowned RPG masters at Square Enix.
Developed by cavia Inc, NIER blends both innovative and traditional RPG gameplay mechanics with an intense, bloody combat system to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy past.
NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting storylines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
In NIER, nothing is as it seems as players are kept guessing from beginning to end by elaborate plotlines and cliff-hangers that reveal a complex reality hidden behind the illusion.
Players will jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he begins his desperate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with a powerful set of magical abilities as well as mighty swords and armor, Nier will do battle alongside a set of formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
· The Next RPG from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.
· Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER’s story needs to be seen to be believed.
· RPG Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat:
ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat. Battle
· Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
· Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
· Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
· A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.