It’s official — all it takes is a few new clothes, and everyone wants to be your friend. Proving mankind’s shallow nature, Major Nelson has revealed some statistics linked to the launch of its New Xbox Experience. The NXE doesn’t really do much, but the pretty new colors and mask of substance has tricked us all.
Here are the stats, full of silly metaphors and self-congratulation:
- If LIVE were a U.S. city, it would be the largest city with over 14-million members. The equivalent of New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago combined.
- Since the New Xbox Experience launched on Nov. 19 the number of new friends added per Xbox LIVE member has risen by 33%.
- Xbox LIVE is not just games: With more than 45 global network and studio partners, and Netflix in the U.S., we offer more than 30,000 movies, TV episodes and music videos in both high and standard definition.
- In the past year the average number of unique visitors to Xbox LIVE each day has risen 66%
- Movie downloads increased 49% and TV episode downloads were up 30% the week after launch
- Xbox LIVE Arcade sales almost tripled in the first week after the New Xbox Experience launched
- Avatar-specific titles like A Kingdom for Keflings registered the second-best first week of performance ever
- UNO which was updated to include in-game Avatars, saw a 650% increase in sales in just one day
sales were up 650%, just because of avatars? That really is incredible. They need to add that stuff to some real crap like Bliss Island, just to see how gullible Xbox Live users really are.