Delicious old school dungeon-crawler Legend of Grimrock is making some fat cheddar, with developer Almost Human declaring that it's covered its development costs several times over. The studio says its future is "pretty secure" thanks to everybody's support on Steam and GOG.
The game will soon be receiving its first patch, fixing some bugs, correcting a few typos, and improving a few options. Full details can be read below.
I'm thrilled to see Grimrock doing so well. Not only because it's an utterly brilliant game, but because every time a single-player, old school, life-absorbing RPG succeeds with the right price point and the perfect delivery method, I feel like the games industry is going to be okay.
- vsync is enabled by default
- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
- bug fix: topmost menu item don’t work reliably in 2560×1440 resolution
- bug fix: wall text translations are not dismissed when right-clicking
- bug fix: inanimate objects can be backstabbed
- bug fix: projectiles go through doors in some very rare cases
- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
- fixed a couple of typos
- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)