The Prototype versus inFAMOUS war — which was a totally serious war that everybody cared about and had huge ramifications on the game industry — has finally concluded after a bitter and bloodsoaked struggle. The NPD results are in, and Prototype not only beat inFAMOUS, but every single game this month in the battle of the game sales.
Oh, and I’m joking about the seriousness of the “fight,” just in case everybody on N4G misses the not-very-subtle sarcasm again.
With over 419,000 copies sold in June, Prototype was that month’s best selling game. inFAMOUS made it into the top ten, but occupied the tenth position with 192,000 sales. Whether or not things would be different if Sucker Punch’s title wasn’t a PS3 exclusive, we’ll never know, but it’s safe to be said that this truly reflects the cost of going exclusive with your games.
Hit the jump for the full NPD top ten, if you love looking at long numbers next to videogame names.
- Prototype (Xbox 360) – 419,900
- UFC 2009: Undisputed (Xbox 360) – 338,300
- EA Sports Active (Wii)- 289,100
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (Wii) – 272,400
- Wii Fit (Wii) – 271,600
- Fight Night Round 4 (Xbox 360) – 260,800
- Fight Night Round 4 (PS3) – 210,300
- Mario Kart (Wii) – 202,100
- Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) – 199,400
- Infamous (PS3) – 192,700
And have the hardware ones, ‘cos we love you:
- Nintendo DS : 766,500
- Nintendo Wii 361,700
- Xbox 360: 240,600
- PS3: 164,700
- PSP: 163,500
- PS2: 152,700