When I was younger (and walked 10 miles in the snow to school) I thought it would be a good idea to move to Japan at a ripe age to learn the language. Unfortunately, I did not have the balls to do this and am doomed to read Famitsu through a translation robot until I can find a fish to stick in my ear. They have a good number of amusing stories this morning so I thought I'd throw them together in one update:
- Parappa the Rapper turns ten; character designer signs limited edition PTP-PSP's and reflects on how it's all in the mind, and how he never got over those fashion-forward haircuts from The Beatles. I kid, I kid!
- Xbox 360's Lost Planet: Extreme Condition big fat insect enemy video -- impressive stuff. The snow that appears to gradually collect on the hero's shoulders is a very nice touch; that's immersion done right.
- Capcom of Japan will also start selling a new Devil May Cry graphic novel on December 26. Look for an update on this on Japanator later in the month.
- Dragon Quest Monsters Joker launches their site. Tons of screenshots, some monster combining combos explained, 3 movies, and a mini game where you catch monsters as you surf the site to unlock content. Unfortunately the whole thing is in Flash; no permalinks. Sad panda.
- A tiny pocket-sized MSX goes on sale, compatible with MSX 3 basic programming language. If you want to program and play like it's 1981, here's the console site and the center for outdated game contents. Granted, this wasn't big in the States so don't feel like a destitute prostitute if you don't know about it. Just start at this Wiki and it will all make sense.
- A Japanese company has manufactured pink and blue DS carrying cases with dual compartments: the upper part is for the console and the lower part is actually an oversized makeup bag -- see pic below. Bullet in face GET!
You are logged out. Login
| Sign up