Resident Evil 4 HD released last week, but I waited until the weekend to download it. Due to various problems I have with Microsoft Points and my silly desire to play Resident Evil games on their "traditional" home, I decided to download the game from the PlayStation Network.
It's been an interesting and unique experience, but a complex one as well. See, there's a very special set of steps one must perform in order to play Resident Evil 4 HD on the PlayStation 3, and first time users might not get it at first.
Fortunately, I've compiled a very easy, step-by-step walkthrough to help you. Check it out!
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas
- Purchase PlayStation Network card to put funds on your PS Store account.
- Navigate to store and locate game.
- Start the download. Watch it take several minutes to go from 0% to 1% and remember that the PS3 hates the Internet.
- Find lots and lots of other things to do while waiting.
- Come back later to find the PlayStation Network had an error and your PS3 now refuses to connect to the Internet without being switched off and switched on.
- Switch off PS3
- Switch on PS3.
- Start the download again from beginning.
- Go to bed, having given up on the idea of playing RE4 that weekend.
- Wake up.
- Highlight the Resident Evil 4 icon in "Downloads" and select "Install."
- Get told there's not enough space on your PS3's HDD.
- Go to your game data folder to remove a bunch of the mandatory installations that littered your PS3's HDD.
- Find the mandatory installation for Resistance 3 and select "Delete."
- Wait for over forty minutes while it deletes.
- Start to install Resident Evil 4 HD.
- Wait for another ten to fifteen minutes while it installs. Pass time by arguing with the usual people who claim it only takes them five minutes to download and install games on their PS3 so they have no idea what you're talking about.
- After installation, write a sarcastic blog post about the past day.
- That'll show 'em!