Long game names lead to boring headlines, due to me not having enough words to fit in all the information! There's quite a bit of information to get through, too, since the PlayStation Blog updated with a bunch of new assets and details for The House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut.
SEGA is proclaiming this to be more than a mere HD lick of paint, promising a "fully remastered" version of the original Wii title. As well as glossy graphics and surround sound, Extended Cut will also feature new weapons, levels, zombies, and modes, with loads more besides.
Check below for the full list of new additions. There's quite a bit. Game's out October 25.
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas
- PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
- OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition, with stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
- Extended with 2 additional levels not featured in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore Mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic Mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Exclusive Missing Reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
- Online leaderboards to track high scores and player statistics
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
- New PlayStation Trophies to unlock
- Improved boss fights in all levels
- New and improved cutscenes using motion capture
- And more still to come!