I could explain in detail why Star Command has jumped to my most anticipated mobile game of the year. Instead, here is a list of reasons from the game's website and the Reddit thread where War Balloon Games answered Redditors.
- It's Game Dev Story meets Star Trek
- Replayability: create your spaceship for peaceful resolutions or aggressive negotiations
- There's diplomacy as you explore the galaxy
- X-Com is their #1 game of all time
- Other influences include Master of Orion 2, Ascendancy and Star Wars: Rebellion (Supremacy)
- No nickel and diming of content
- They are taking the jettisoning of personnel under consideration
- If you're not convinced at this point, you never will be
Star Command is planned for a Summer 2011 release on Android and iOS devices. HNNNG!
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas