Uranus — the planet’s name never gets old. As long as it exists in the universe, we will all be 11-years-old, and the art of comedy will never die. Capcom clearly understands this, employing the timeless joke when naming their Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network expansion, Rocketmen: It Came From Uranus.
The expansion to the already available digitally-distributed Rocketmen: Axis of Evil will include three new weapons, two new secondary weapons (including a robotic falcon, which in and of itself is killer to the max), and three new levels. The expansion requires that you have already purchased Axis of Evil, and will hit XBLA on May 14 (for 400 MS Points) and PSN on May 15 (for $4.95).
Based on the tabletop strategy game Rocketmen, the original game — a four-player cooperative top-down shooter — was released this past March. I’m a huge fan of dungeon crawling (or space ship crawling, as is the case here), but was only slightly amused by what came across as a mediocre (if not a slightly endearing and stylized) title.
Hit the jump for more details on the contents of the expansion.
3 New Weapons
• Blobber: Shoots blobs of goo at enemies, does damage over time in the part of the ground that it covers.
• Beamer: Shoots lighting at enemies, does high intensity damage.
• Bomber: Shoots grenades instead of bullets; grenades explode on impact doing damage.
2 New Secondary Weapons
• Falcon: Robotic falcon that attacks enemies automatically
• Screw bomb: Rocket that turns into a proximity mine on impact
3 New Levels
• Level 11 – Finding Jane: The player must escape the Saturnian prison mine and reclaim Nick’s ship, the Icarus Jane.