While some of us are excited about another racing game, I still have love for Gran Turismo. I'm really looking forward to the Spec 2.0 update, set to drop later this month. Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has been dropping details via Twitter lately to tease GT5 fans. He also says that many of the new features come straight from user feedback. That's great to hear.
GTPlanet gives us a nice overview of those newly released details in the form of bulletpoints:
- Simplified interior views added to all standard cars.
- User control of the weather change feature.
- Settings sheet which allows you to save multiple car settings.
- New Spec 2.0 opening movie.
- Improved UI response and usability.
- Replay forward/rewind.
- Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
- Expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…).
- Expanded Photo Travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar).
- Added "NASCAR Pit Scene" stage to Photo Travel.
- Added 11 new 2011 NASCAR models.
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport (the car in which Kazunori contested the 2011 Nurburgring 24 Hours).
- Improved physics and artificial intelligence.
- Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheel.
You can change the weather! You'll be like a god! There's big changes, like improved physics and AI (?!), to cute little things, like a new place to take travel photos. We'll see it all on October 11.
There's also some DLC scheduled to be released sometime after Spec 2.0. Expect a racing car pack, a“course pack, and a racing gear pack.
The article continues below. Login to skip ads, get faster mobile, and dibs on betas