Why yes, this is another edition of Friday Night Fights brought to you in part by Rockstar San Diego, who has given us what will surely be a mainstay for many months to come.
For those waiting to hear our take on Red Dead Redemption, please note that Conrad is still hard at work on getting it done. I applaud your patience, because really, ask just about anyone and they will sing praises of what many are finding to be the Wild West game we’ve always wanted.
Oh, and the multiplayer mode — apart from a few technical mishaps every now and again — works surprisingly well. Better than you’d think it would, what with online modes tending to be janky when it comes to open-world games.
New to FNF? Read this: Each week, a bunch of Destructoid readers and usually an editor or two get together to play some videogames online. Basically, this is what Friday Night Fights are all about.
The planning for FNF takes place in the forums, where community members volunteer to host by posting their information (gamertag, time to meet up, game, etc.) in the forum post corresponding to the system they’re interested in playing on.
Then, every Friday, reminder posts for those who don’t read the forums regularly go up in the community blogs section all thanks to a dedicated group of cool individuals. And for everyone who wants their info all in one place, they have got my weekly recap posts to look forward to between 4:30 – 5:30 PM EST.
Now that you’re here, just scan the list below and find a game you want to play. All that’s left to do after that is to join the match by contacting the host below using any means necessary. For Wii, you might have to be a little creative, but for 360/PS3 a simple “invite me” message will be fine.
The names on the left are our Destructoid handles, while the ones on the right are our online handles (PSN IDs, for example). Don’t see a game you want to play? Feel free to post a comment offering to take up hosting duties yourself.
Super rad non-Friday meetups and other notable stuff that doesn’t entirely fit into a category:
- Tonight’s Hosts (more info from Subenu):
- JJMccallum – jjmccallum (Red Dead PS3 @ 19:00 GMT)
- Subenu – Neo Subenu (Halo 3/ODST @ 20:00 GMT)
- GoldenGamerXero – Skype: Negajay
Wii Number: 8963 1203 2094 1851
- Tonight’s Hosts (more info from InfraredChimera):
- ClownBaby – TwoToneMurder (Red Dead until 8:00 EDT)
- ReddenBlack – ThunderRainSnow (Red Dead @ 8:00 EDT)
- InfraredChimera – InfraredChimera (Red Dead @ 9:00 EDT)
- CommanderZim – CommanderZim999 (Red Dead @ 9:00 EDT)
- usedtabe – Us3d ta b3 (Gears of War @ 10:00 EDT)
- Izzie Waru – Izzie Waru (Red Dead @ 11:00 EDT)
- Tonight’s Hosts (more info from Y0j1mb0):
- garethxxgod – Papa_Chewie (Chronicles of Riddick @ 7:00 EDT)
- Black Nexus – Nexus14 (Red Dead @ 8:00 EDT)
- Joe G – InfamousJoeG (Red Dead @ 8:00 EDT)
- SantanaClaus89 – Moosehole (Bad Company 2 @ 10:00 EDT)
- Y0j1mb0 – k0wb0y-b33b0p (SSFIV @ 12:00 EDT)
- Tonight’s Games:
- The Ship
- Team Fortress 2
Map rotation: Stock only rotation with customs in Rock The Vote.
- Counter-Strike: Source
Map rotation: de_dust2 and cs_office
(Thanks to TewDee for the server)
- Bad Company 2 Server 32 Slot
SAFL Bad Compay 2 -Hardcore and Ranked-
In the server browser on the right hand side, where it says server name, put SAFL and it will find the server for you, then add to favs!
- If you want to find people to play with, hop on the steamtoid group chat and just ask, we will probably join up with you!