Here’s this week’s top stories from around the network. The ESRB and European officials continue their crusade against the videogaming culture. Then again, how can you blame them when over zealous fanboys make really stupid Youtube videos. Over on Japanator, we covered the Anime Expo in full glory. Jtor writer WestCabaretDrive along with CheapyD go on the hunt for the best New York style pizza in Japan.
On NextLust, Cameron (a.k.a, the guy who kinda looks like Seth Green) tells us how to get a geek girlfriend. Bonus, this is more or less a Nerdcore type post! Finally, on the Community Blogs, HuskyHog shares a heart warming story/paranoid guilt trip on how he got his father addicted to gaming.
What were your highlights from this past week Destructoid Network peeps?
- London authorities ban poster for Burnout (Updated: ASA responds to Destructoid)
- ESRB responds to Destructoid regarding Dark Sector trailer recall
- ESRB censors the Internet by-proxy: Now decides to regulate Dark Sector trailers
- PS3 fanboy video proves that 99.9% of Youtube users are stupid as hell
- America fails at game art, packaging, and animation
- Zac’s Anime Expo coverage: a recap
- The Greatest Pizza Place Ever. Guest starring CheapyD!
- Move over PSP and PS2, Haruhi is now on the Wii
- (School) Swimsuit Idols
- Anime music on the piano — makes me wish I could play an instrument
- The 100% undectable root kit named ‘Blue Pill’ can now be detectable. Thousands rejoice by dancing naked in a cave from the future.
- The best features that are not available on the Apple iPhone
- MEETin.org, the place to go for Social Networking that makes you actually leave your computer
- It’ll poop if there’s a fire
- How to get a hot geek girlfriend
Community Blog’s Top 5 stories:
- This didn’t come with a guide; I’m raising gamers – HuskyHog
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl done, Release date – BlindsideDork
- BuckF1tches brags about how awesome his achievements are. – BuckF1tches
- Violence In Gaming – atheistium
- Noobs at the interwebs attempt to steal my steam account. For the fifth god damn time. – WmV337