Captain Obvious: Manhunt 2 has been been postponed

So here’s a shocker, Take-Two has announced that Manhunt 2 won’t be coming out July 10 as previously planned:

“Take-Two Interactive Software has temporarily suspended plans to distribute Manhunt 2 for the Wii or PlayStation platforms while it reviews its options with regard to the recent decisions made by the British Board of Film Classification and Entertainment Software Rating Board,” a representative told GameSpot. “We continue to stand behind this extraordinary game. We believe in freedom of creative expression, as well as responsible marketing, both of which are essential to our business of making great entertainment.”

This really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. Thanks to Nintendo and Sony not allowing AO rated games on their system and the BBFC banning it all together, Rockstar had to delay the release of the game. So what’s going to happen now? Like I said yesterday, if Rockstar wants this game to come out, then they’re going to have to appease the ratings board. That, or do what some of you readers were suggesting yesterday and make a PC port of the game.     

[Via GameSpot — Image Via GUComics — Tip Via Buck F1tches] 

Hamza Aziz