10) Despite my low profile, I've been reading Dtoid almost daily since November 30 2006. I know the exact day because it happens to be the day I was laid off from my job at the time. I literally made my post here
as I was being called into the meeting in which half my office was let go.
9) I guess this is a sub-item of 10, but I've listened to every single episode of Podtoid, Retroforce GO, and Podcastle.
Now that my Dtoid presence has been established...
8) I live near Denver, CO... pretty much as far away from anyone else on Dtoid as I think is possible. Denver rocks though, I never want to move.
7) Besides video games another hobby of mine is poker. I go through phases where I'll play nearly nightly for a month or two. I've managed to do pretty well but my risk aversion keeps me from playing at stakes high enough to make any real money. I've played in person with several notable players including Howard Lederer, Gavin Smith, and Phil Gordon.
6) My other hobby is beer. I brew beer about once a month and attend a bunch of tastings and events. I'm currently studying to become a certified beer judge. Before you ask, I can't name a favorite. Most people don't realize it but beer is as varied (if not more so) than wine, beer snobs treat beer the same way wine snobs treat wine. I'm one of them.
5) My dog's name is Bowser. He's a boxer. Yes, he's named after Nintendo's Bowser... not Bowzer the singer from Sha Na Na.
4) My job requires that I see porn nearly daily. I work for an Internet advertising company and a sizable chunk of our money comes from porn advertising. And you thought your job was bad-ass.
3) I turned down a job as the interface programmer for Pain (on PSN) in order to take the advertising job.
2) I've been married nearly 5 years. My wife doesn't game much. She loves the NES, but now and then I'll get her to play something modern. She likes to watch me play games though, which is great. Whenever I'm playing Left 4 Dead FNF, she's likely right beside me.
And most improtantly:
1) I'm a father! My son is 13 months old. He's the most important thing in my life, of course. I could go on forever about him, but I spare you.