If there is anything I hear more than psp has no games, its WII has no games, its only for the grandmothers, its only for grandmothers grandmothers, ect. That is categorically false. Ive also gotten some feedback, and I will include a reason or explanation, why said game goes on the list.
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
- 150 characters, 15 stages, a huge single player campaign, addicting complex as you want it to be combat. Personally, Ive put over 100 hours easy, into this game just having different scenario battles I thought up in my head. Who would win Roshi vs omega shenron. Why didnt they do that in the manga?
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
- Essentially the game of the year, remake, port of guilty gear 2. It has classic controller support so if you think youll be waving your arms. Think again.
-Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
- The best version of said game. Had everything the other versions had plus 2 new exclusive characters. Although I regret the lack of real character specific fatalities, its still fun.
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Definitly the most famous fighting game on this list. Definitely the one that sold the most ( highest selling fighting game of the gen). Part party game, part fighter, part nintendo library, many a gamers life has been sucked away by this game.
-Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
- BELIEVE IT. Sorry guys, I had to do that. What more can you ask for other than a solid Naruto fighter that isnt broken? This is it. Platformer
- I know its hard to believe. But this is a really great platformer with SONIC IN IT. Fast, camera is as good as its ever going to be.
- Mario Galaxy 1/2
- Best 3d platformers Ive ever played in my entire life. And that is saying something as ive played alot of 3d platformers. Perfect personified.
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- This game does not get the credit it deserves because it was immediately overshadowed by new super mario bros wii. But its still great, which leads me to........
- New Super Mario Bros Wii
- Nintendo hadnt delivered a new 2d mario on a console on over 15 years. Could they still do it? Did they have the chops? Did people even want it? The answer? yes, yes, and yes. Not only was the game incredibly fun and challenging, it sold over 25 million units worldwide. 2d mario is here to stay.
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land
- Lets get this out of the way. Kirby epic yarn is not kirby. It was a Mario 2 situation, where nintendo took another game, and stuck kirby in it to sell. Return to dream land on the other hand is true kirby. YOU CAN SUCK AND BLOW.
- Donkey Kong Returns
- What is this? A sixth title? Yeah, I didnt feel good about leaving this out. Hard as nails, retro magic. Only retro could bring this series back. Now I want more
- Castle of Shikigami III
- Take Contra's difficulty, remove the konami code, make it a scrolling shooter, add in an anime twist, and you've got Castle of Shikigami 3.
- Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles/The Umbrella Chronicles
- Classic arcade shooters without having to donate 25 cents.
- Red Steel 2
- Take the crappy first title and make it good by making it good.
- Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
- I still cant believe they actually made a sequel. Even harder than the first but just as fun.
- The Conduit 1/2 - Solid shooters, Fun, and very fluid controls
- Metroid Prime Collection
- The Reason why retro are considered gods, you owe it to yourself to play.
- Metroid Other M
- Some people love it, some hate it, but its worth playing
- [b]Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess[b] - Zelda is always awesome ( when its made by nintendo)
- Resident Evil 4
- The WII version is like the GOTY edition. It takes the best of the gamecube, the best of the ps2, the best of the wii to deliver the definitive package
- The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
- The best version of the game. Period. Worth a pickup if your a fan of the godfather universe
- No More Heroes 1/2
- Original, weird, awesome
Now Unlike the other 2 Essential guides, I will not be breaking rpgs up by sub category. This will be one big awesome list
- Arc Rise Fantasia
- A master piece with 1 flaw, the voice acting. If you can get past that, your in store for a classic role playing treat.
- Dragon Quest X
- Its not out quite yet, but I am a DQ fanboy. So it goes on anyway.
- The Last Story
- The creator behind Final Fantasy making something special.
- The creator behind Xenosaga making something special.
- Pandoras Tower
- The creator behind Jump Ultimate Stars making something special.
- Tales of Graces/Symphonia 2
- Tales is a great series with a lot of appeal for the hardcore rpg player. Worth playing
- Super Paper Mario
- Platformer/rpg with I guarantee, the most mustache jokes of any game on the list
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
- What vanillaware does, is make awesome games with a unique artistic style that only they can do.
- Shiren the Wanderer 3
- Brand new entry in the Shiren series after 10+ years. Pro: Has everything that makes up a roguelike Con: Has everything that makes up a roguelike
- Monster Hunter Tri
- Millions of people cant be wrong can they?
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3
- The sequel to the gba and DS titles, was a wiiware exclusive that sadly was not localized. Also belongs to the roguelike sub class. Shiren, with pokemon
- Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
- Not as good as the psp version which has more content, but you could do worse than playing the wii version
- Fire Emblem 10
- Game Ive played more than any other on this list. Wonderful
- Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
- Part 5 of an awesome Strategy rpg/VN series. Has cool date sim elements
- Robocalypse: Beaver Defense
- Wiiware game with alot of heart, and very fun.
- Super Robot Taisen Neo
- Sorry, I have to put this on the list for all the importers out there
- Mario Kart Wii
- Only racing game on this system you will ever need
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
- Way better than the original
I hope this list will at least educate people in the fact that, yes, the wii did get more software than wii sports, wii fit, wii music.
And maybe the next time you say the wii has no games. Look at this list and you might even find something interesting you want to check out
LOOK WHO CAME: