There is nothing more pathetically egotistical than wishing yourself a happy birthday in a public forum (or getting your name tattooed on yourself, but I won't get into that), so instead, I will wish everyone who was born on this day, August 6th, a very happy birthday. If you can, be like me and take some time to morbidly obsess over the fact that this day is also the anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima. Now then, I have a few things I'd like to mumble incoherently about:
- If today is indeed your birthday, perhaps you can delight us by recanting tales of the fabulous treasures that have been bestowed upon you on this, The feast of your birth. For my 18th summer, and my passage into legal adulthood as recognized by the United States Government, I have received a 32 inch LCD Panasonic HDTV with 720p and iPod compatibility, courtesy of my cousin Erik (I don't know if you'll be reading this, Erik, but you have enriched my gaming experience in ways that I only dreamed of while drooling over the Best Buy catalog, and for that I thank you). I promise to post pictures of it (and the rest of my room, which has some trinkets that some of you may find interesting) soon.
- HD gaming is so fucking sexy, you guys. IT IS SO FUCKING SEXY, YOU GUYS. Where have I been these past few years? What the hell have I been missing? I can't believe how amazing this is. This is the best thing ever. I can't wait to play Brutal Legend on this fucking thing. I love this new t.v.
- If you are De bloo, please be aware that I haven't sent you your shirt yet. This is why you have yet to clothe your body in glorious garb depicting the Holy visage of Little Mac
. Sorry, brah; my bee. I promise to ship it before year's wane (and should I break my vow, I'll buy you any game you want and send it too you with your shirt).
- If you haven't already, you should go check out Penny Arcade's Automata
,a futuristic take on the Prohibition Era. It's a masterpiece, and I hope to see more of it in the future.
- Long time readers of my c-blog (who are as rare as they are imaginary) will know that a while ago I wrote of my intentions to get a tattoo to commemorate the Bombing of Hiroshima
(you'll also note that I mentioned Hiroshima and tattoos when opening this blog. Keep in there, it's been a long road and the pay-off's coming). Many of you panned this idea, claiming that it would offend the Japanese population as the major detraction for getting such a tattoo done. This has only steeled my resolve in the matter, and I contacted a tattoo artist and told him about my idea. He did a quick sketch and now I am strongly considering going with his idea. I'd like to once again open the flood gates and gauge your opinion on this new design.
That's about it for now. I still have my new t.v. and I'm dying to see how Fight Night Round 4 looks on this puppy. Have a great day, and Have a Happy Birthday!