So, here we are. Or rather here I am. Okay, you know what? This is a thing and it's going to happen from now on. Okay? Okay.
As the title suggests, I'm going to start posting up reviews of RPGs and Strategy games out there. What do I consider an indie game? What are my standards? Well, the answers to those questions are the following:
1) I am only going to review Indie games from developers that do not have a major publisher backing them. For example, I will not review Bastion since Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment published the game, and therefore it does not qualify as a real Indie game in my opinion.
2) I will be reviewing games that I have completed from start to finish. Even if the game is god-awful, I will do my best to complete it (barring some major game-crashing bug or glitch that prevents me from doing so). If I absolutely can't manage to beat the game for whatever reason, then I'll make a note of that during my review.
3) I'm not a fangirl of any particular platform or console. While there are some consoles in the past I've not liked very much, I don't judge a game based on what platform it's on, I judge a game based on its own merits and independent of the platform it's for.
4) I have no bias towards games made with any particular engine (i.e. Unity, Unreal, RPG Maker). I consider them all equal, and therefore I'll be judging them as I would any commercially-released game that I've played in the past. If you come at me with "RPG Maker games are easier to make though!", then I dare you to try your hand at making a professionally-made game in that engine with unique programming, graphics, music, etc. It's just as hard and time-consuming to do it in that engine as it is in Unity or Unreal.
5) I do take requests of games you'd like me to review for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC, 3DS, Vita, PSP, and the Wii. If I don't have that game in my possession, comment with a link to the game for me to purchase it or download if it's a free game. If that game is too expensive at the moment, I'll let you know.
Now, as for me, I've written reviews for other game sites such as Classic Game Room and Metacritic in the past, and they were received rather well so I hope you find my reviews to be both enlightening and entertaining. My review style is pretty simple. I'm thorough and go over the main points of the game while keeping it spoiler-free as much as possible (and I'll inject my own brand of humor into every review in subtle and not-so-subtle ways). If I'm playing a game that's unmercifully bad, I'm not going to hold back in kicking its ass out onto the street and having it cry for its mama. On the other hand, if the game is the best thing to happen since the SNES came out, then I'm going to sing its praises and ask you to sing along with me.
The first game I'll be starting with is "Pewdiepie - The Role Playing Game". Yes, it exists. Plan on that first review coming soon. I'm going to attempt to put up 2 reviews a month, but it depends on the length of the game I'm playing.
Hope you all enjoy!
LOOK WHO CAME: