My name is Luke Collins, and I'm overweight. I'm 31, 5'10'', and 280 pounds. I don't have a problem with exercising and eating right in the first place, just sticking with those things.
Well I like gaming, and my family and I have collected quite a few exercise games for the Wii and the 360 in the past few months, and I'm actually liking a lot of these games as well. Thus I am seeing if doing lots of exercising in the games can help me lose weight. And I'm posting this here and elsewhere, seeing if
Aside from the occasional walk, all the exercising I do will be with exercise games. No gyms, and no special diets. Not that I won't take out fattening foods, but I won't be replacing meat with tofu either (plus turkey meat is also healthy and tastier).
For the first week, I'm spending a half hour each day playing these games, and then adding fifteen minutes every week until I get to two hours. If this works, and I start seeing results by then, I'll be sticking with two hours a day until I get to below 200 pounds, and then sticking with an hour or so each day from then on.
In case you are curious, the exercise games, or at least those you can exercise to, my family owns are:
* The Biggest Loser (Wii and 360; actually that's the only such game we have for the 360 so far, so the rest listed here are for the Wii)
* Daisy Fuentes Pilates (although that's my sister's, so I'm not sure I'll try that for a while)
* Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3 (unfortunately we live on a second floor apartment, so we can't use it that much)
* EA Sports Active (bought used, since... let's just say I don't want to give EA my money right now)
* Gold's Gym Cardio Workout
* Gold's Gym Dance Workout
* Jillian Micheals Fitness Ultimatum 2009 (although that's also my sister's, so I'm not sure I'll try that for a while)
* Jillian Micheals Fitness Ultimatum 2010 (see above)
* Mario Power Tennis (even though it's lighter than most)
* We Cheer
* We Cheer 2 (probably my favorite of these, and partly even for the right reasons)
* Wii Fit Plus
* Wii Sports
* Zumba Fitness
This is a picture of how I look now
, and I'll take another picture every month, but posting other updates every week.