Hey y'all - I wanted to get everybody in the loop on some changes and plans for the Dtoid Austin group, as we've got some exciting stuff in the works!
1. Quick point of order - I am not Blehman! And honestly, who is?
No-one can grow the gorgeous flowing locks that man can, but perhaps if I eat some of it I will absorb his power. This is Sean Carey, and while our favorite mad-man will still be involved in planning (and partying), I'll be taking over the Dtoid Austin group so that Mike has more time to grind in Dragon Quest IX and troll me.
So, if you have questions, comments, concerns, or are looking to pimp a local event or get together - let me know! You can:
-PM me here on Dtoid
-Find me on XBL, PSN, or Steam (my handle for all 3 is walkyourpath)
-Shoot me an email (email@example.com)
-Join our google group (send me your gmail address for an invite)
-Follow/DM me on Twitter! (@walk_your_path)
2. We want to kickstart the Dtoid Austin NARPing with a bang in the capital, so it's time to start clearing your calendars!
The next official Dtoid Austin NARP is now set for the weekend of Fri., Aug. 20 - Sun., Aug. 22nd, and I'm starting to squeeeeeeeeee about how it's all starting to come together.
This is open to all Dtoiders who are able to make it out, so those of you who are from outside the Republic of Texas are more than welcome to cross the international boundary into the Lone Star State and party
down with us.
We've got a few house parties in the works, a potential retro-gaming tournament at a local indie game store with prizes, and I'll be giving away a little E3 swag while we're at it!
3. Here's what we need you to do!
- Comment here to let us know if you can make it out for some or all of the weekend so that we can plan the events accordingly
- Hype this up so that we get as many folks there as we can
- Join and keep your eyes on the google group for more details, and pow-wows for carpooling/hotel/couchsurfing type discussions
This is gonna be slicker and tighter than Rick Perry's hair - let's do this thing!
LOOK WHO CAME: