Did it work? Did the headline attract your attention? Did you click the link to read the blog post? Is this a cheap ploy? Absolutely. Do I have any shame? Seems unlikely. Do I have any tits to show? Nope. This is really a contest rules update.
As about ten of you know, I'm running a contest in the month of March. From the comments I've received regarding my cBlog Competition, I've decided to do away with the word count requirement. It seems 500 words was a little too stringent for some people, who apparently hate the judges and want to make them read forever. Suits me just fine.
It should be noted that being verbose is not being "winnar". Say what you need to say, but don't expect a lengthy post to win based on length. Everyone knows girth is more important anyway.
Revised contest rules follow:
Do you have powerful memories of playing video games? Want an opportunity to win some cool Dtoid merch? Enter the RetRose Tinted Corrective Lenses cBlog Competition!
All you have to do to enter is write a cBlog post detailing one of your favorite retrogaming memories during the month of March. Our crack team of experts will then judge the entries and I'll cough up my hard-earned cash to give prizes to three winners. Complete competition rules after this message:
- One entry per participant.
- Entries will be accepted from 12am PST on March 1st until 11:59pm on March 31st.
- Entries must contain at least one image and link back to this post.
- Participants must PM me with a link to their entry; I will not be held responsible for missed posts.
- Entries will be judged by a panel based on the following criteria:
1. Entertainment Value: You story can be funny, or heartwarming or anything you like but it must entertain the judges.
2. Writing Skill: Use proper grammar and punctuation. Failing to do so will not outright disqualify you but poorly written posts are at a considerable disadvantage.
- Winners will be announced on April 3rd.
Prizes First Prize:
A T-shirt of winner's choice from the Destructoid store.
Second and Third Prize:
A Destructoid beanie
A Destructoid sticker pack.
And please read my weekly RetRose Tinted feature
for more gaming nostalgia and retro-review.