So while everyone was off getting swine flu at PAX I was in Belgium hanging out at EuroNARP 2. Here's a little list of some of my favourite moments from that weekend.
1) Saturday night with Erotic Nerd playing Uncharted with everyone else in the room taking the piss out of the game.
2) Saturday afternoon playing SSF2THDR, T.Hawk FTW.
3) Friday afternoon when Mistic nearly broke my foot on the trampoline.
4) Friday night setting some epic Duck Hunt scores.
5) Goldeneye matches on the Licence to Kill setting. Where every slap is a kill.
However the weekend wasn't perfect because of one simple thing.
MISTIC'S FECKING DREAMCAST DIDN'T WORK.
Actually that's unfair, it did work. For about 20 minutes.
Anyway I think I'll mention my major Dreamcast memory as I'm unlikely to whack up a full c-blog of my tributes. On my 18th birthday I got one present. It was an ugly brown box off ebay but it contained my first Dreamcast along with several games, 2 controllers, a VMU and a lightgun. To this day that lightgun has gotten more use in my 2 years with it than most arcade lightguns get in a lifetime. House of the Dead 2 is the reason for that.
* - It's Chad. Singing. * - Behold! Team Fedora! * - Cutie Honey got swine flu at PAX, please people check with a doctor if you suspect you may be in the same boat * - Best PAX story ever, the Black Yoshi of 2009 * - Dear Dreamcast lovers, where were you when it mattered? * - And Solgrim gets a reply to Old Man Jimbo A - 5 not-really-underrated handheld games, if you want underrated handheld games just look at half the PSP library A - 10 FPS cliches to avoid A - More love for the Dreamcast, the console that won't die A - Like Shmups? Then you need a Dreamcast, here are a choice few A - Why the Dreamcast was Sega purely getting it right S - A new series to look at badass squads S Aniwednesday joins in the Dreamcast love tonight S - Cblog Recapper Megastryke is bringing the cheese for dTunes today S - Level Headed looks at the creepy Pelican Bay from Penny Arcade Adventures C - Nilcam is holding a KoF12 tourney, sign-up here E - Fancy some CoD4 tourney action? S - Let the Dreamcast love begin! S - Bit of 'Why I Love Destructoid' action S - Here's Nilcam's Dreamcast story S - Nihon has never owned a Dreamcast, but it still means something to him S - And Diverse's DC story S - And now something different, Metal Gear Online being ass C - What goes in the Video Game Canon to represent the Dreamcast? C - What's the sickest thing you've ever done in a videogame H - Check out Dao's insane collection of Dreamcast stuff N - More news on FF 14 N - Mind controlled gaming is progressing, slowly. R - Mini Ninjas is making a run on the coveted 'Most Underrated Game of 2009' spot T - Thoughts on Borderlands and Scribblenauts from PAX T - I'm doubtful about Project Needlemouse T - More thoughts on Scribblenauts A - Suitcoat brings more Nicholson love A - The Legend of that Link Kid, a comic Chooly bought at PAX ? - I don't quite know where to put this mini-rant on Apple C - Probably better for the forums this S - Beaten by the frontpage quite spectacularly F - I love Jim more than is probably healthy given his current germ-riddled state, but this post doesn't belong. As usual with failblogs though, the comments are golden F - Even when showing love to the DC, Michi can't resist the fail
LOOK WHO CAME: