Sorry for the late caps everyone. Yesterday I was pretty far behind schedule studying for an exam next Monday, so I made the terrible decision to prioritize school over video games. I still don't have all the time in the world even now, but at least enough to get these caps out there into the world at large. The good news is that from Monday onwards I will be swimming in free time. I might even play some video games, imagine that!
Speaking of video games, I have the absolute worst
luck when it comes to WiiU games. Back when Pikmin 3 came out, it took my local electronics/games retailer over two weeks to finally ship my order. Then when I bought The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, it did arrive on time but my TV broke immediately afterwards.
And now Mario Kart 8 is out, but I just got an e-mail from the game store that they haven't been supplied enough copies so I'm going to have to wait until Monday at the earliest. Bummer, but at least this means I can keep focusing on that exam first.
Still, I'm getting super excited for some kart racing action, and that free copy of The Wonderful 101 is going to be awesome too!
(@Smurfee: time zones permitting, I'm game for next Friday!)
* - I hope you stick around, RainsOpacity! For her first non-intro blog she lists some soundtracks guaranteed to make your skin crawl.
* - Right on schedule, more video game music: it's Jet Set Radio's OST Case Study. Hell yeah.
* - It's been a while since Voltech has blogged for us, but as always it's a fascinating read. The topic today: destroying and 'saving' the world in Devil Survivor 2.
P - Pocketoid Episode 51 is all about the Gameboy! It's so weird to think it's actually older than me.
A - I'm all for this idea: Ocelot may be starting a series on the best levels in platformers.
T - PixelFiend has its first impressions on Watch_Dogs ready. Mixed feelings, sounds like.
- Less babies though Nintendo, please. You have so many characters, use them!
- On the left: the biggest innovation in Mario Kart history.
F - This tells us nothing about anything.
[EDIT: Never mind, not two minutes after I put up these caps Mario Kart 8 did
arrive. False alarm, I guess? No clue what happened there, but I'm not complaining!]
May you always find water and shade
LOOK WHO CAME: