I'm going to give this a shot. If you don't know who I am, I'm Alphadeus. One of the many talented musicians/composers on the website. I like to write music for people, and I'd like the opportunity to write music for you (if I haven't already :P).
I have an ongoing project called "Songs for Gamers", which used to be called the "Destructoid Community Album", but I didn't want to rely on that name to promote the project. Basically, I ask people for a song title, and music (usually youtube links) to use as inspiration, and I crank out an instrumental video game style tune that's roughly 2-3 minutes long.
Please see the following links for reference. I've written for over 100 people so far since 2011.
Songs for Gamers - The full original album of music written from 2011-2015. It also includes some rearrangements, and some joke songs written for an april fools.
Songs for Gamers DLC Pack 01 - The first follow up to Songs for Gamers. Features songs written in 2016.
Songs for Gamers DLC Pack 02 - The second (and so far final) album in regards to this project. Also written in 2016.
These albums are available for free, but may be uploaded to iTunes/Spotify at some point (with modified names).
So how does one get a song? Follow these rules and I'll do my best to get you a song!
1) Contact me via email or PM. [email protected] is the best way to reach me. To my knowledge, I still get notifications if I receive a Destructoid PM, but email is the best approach. In the email, be sure to include your Dtoid username, as it will be displayed in the song title.
2) I need a song title. If you cannot provide one, I will try my best to name your song appropriately. I highly recommend a family-friendly name. Nothing too risque. Because if I decide to upload to digital services, I'm going to make it family-friendly anyway.
3) I need music references. I recommend 1-3 YouTube links of songs I should listen to. Keep in mind, your song may not sound like any of the music shared. I have limits to the kind of music I can write. But I promise I will use the music to the best of my ability. Any more than 3 songs, and I can't promise I will listen to them all. The first song should be the main inspiration, as it's usually the sound I try to go for.
There are some other things to note.
- If you do not like the song, let me know why and I'll try to fix it. You get an unspecified number of fixes, but only 1 complete do-over (your existing song will be used as a bonus song for the album). If I am unable to write a suitable song, I apologize in advance.
- If I've written a song for you in the past, you "might" be able to request a second song. I'm always open to the idea of writing new music for members with songs already. Please understand, that there's a chance the song might take a while.
- There is always the possibility that something could go wrong, and the project will have to be cancelled or put on hold. While I don't expect it, it's entirely possible that no music could be written. I have a fairly good track record though.
I'm not sure what else to say. I'm hoping for at least 10 people, but I want to challenge myself and try to write 30 songs which will split into DLC Pack 03 and 04. Thank you for taking the time to read this.